Company Procedures and Policies
Pet Sitting Check-Ins
- A pet sitting visit includes feeding, most medications, bathroom breaks/walks, play/quiet time spent with your pet, and care for your home.
- When we schedule morning visits, diabetic pets are done first, then any animals needing medications, then all other dogs, then all other pets. The opposite holds for the last visits of the evening.
- All pets must be visited at least once a day. We do NOT offer every-other-day visits while pet sitting.
- A dog walking visit is just a walk or bathroom break, treats, and fresh water. No feeding is involved.
- Dog walking visits are done as one, two, or three in one single day.
Overnight Pet Sitting
- An overnight visit is when a sitter stays with your pet through the night. Your sitter will spend the night in your home with your pets as instructed by you.
- We charge by the number of days. For example if you are leaving on Friday and coming back on Sunday, you will be charged for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
- One free walk is included for each day of the service. Any additional walks will be $15 off our standard price.
Meet and Greet
- This is a free visit done before any services start. It is for everyone to get acquainted, for you to show us your pet’s routine, for us to answer any questions you might have, and to discuss the details of our services.
- The meet and greet typically lasts around 30 minutes.
- Meet and greet visits are done within one week of the start of service. This is so the information is fresh in the sitter’s mind and the pets have an easier time remembering their sitter.
- If we must return for another visit to discuss any details, you will be charged based on the time.
- Reservations can be made by phone, email, or text message. Please double check that the dates and times are correct before contacting us.
- Reservations are NOT confirmed until you receive a phone call, email, or text message back from us.
- It is best to reserve as far in advance as possible, especially during summer and the holidays.
3. Payments and Cancellations
- We accept checks, Venmo, and cash.
- Depending on the discretion of the business, you may be asked to provide half of the payment upfront before services begin. This depends on the location and services provided.
- Dog walking payments must be paid in full the day of or by the end of the week of service.
- Pet sitting payments must be paid in full by the end of the service.
- Dog walking visits – If any dog walking visit is cancelled 24 hours or less before service starts, you will be charged the full amount (this does not include cancellations due to weather conditions).
- Pet check-in visits – If any pet sitting visit is canceled 48 hours or less before service starts, you will be charged the full amount.
- Overnight sitting visits – If any overnight visits are canceled 72 hours or less before service starts, you will be charged 50% of what the full payment would be.
- Visitors – Please notify us if there will be anyone else entering your house while you are away. This includes family, friends, neighbors, workers, house cleaners, etc. We will not be liable for any damages caused by the acts of others in the clients' homes.
- Emergency Veterinary Care – If your pet requires any emergency veterinary care while you are away, we will contact you, the owner, first. If we are unable to reach you and your pet’s condition cannot wait, we will take them to the best-suited veterinary hospital for treatment. Please let us know during our meet and greet where your pet goes, so the veterinarian will have records of your pet. If your veterinarian is unable to see your pet or they are not open when the emergency ensues, we will bring your pet to the VCA in Weymouth, MA. All fees charged by the treating veterinary facility are the responsibility of the owner.
- Heat/Inclement Weather – If it is extremely hot/cold outside, visits and routines will be modified to keep your pet safe and healthy. We are aware that certain dog breeds don’t do well in hot temperatures, and they will be strictly limited to the outdoors during bathroom breaks. The same is true for extremely cold/snowy/icy days for all pets.
- In case of snow, ice, or storms, we will do our absolute best to make sure every scheduled visit is on time. We will plan ahead by leaving extra food, water, etc. for all pets before bad weather hits. If for whatever reason we are unable to make it on time, we will contact you and keep you updated.
- Driveways/Walkways – Please consider your pet sitter’s safety by removing any snow, ice, and debris from all walkways and driveways before you leave on your trip. If you are away and bad weather is expected, please be sure someone is ready to plow and shovel your driveway and walkways.
- Tips are not expected but are certainly appreciated. 100% of your tip goes directly to your dog walker or pet sitter.